Saturday, September 01, 2012

In That Moment

This is going to be a little different for me. The upside of having this platform is that I can express all my emotions and feelings. One day it can be rage and anger, and the next day it can be sad and depressed. It is what makes us tick. One of our driving forces is how we react to our very emotions. I am learning this first hand but how I am reacting I would have never thought of in a million years. I have started to act like a 16 year old girl right before she is to go to prom with her biggest crush. It sounds cheesy but I can't deny that I love every damn second of it. I become friends on Facebook with someone over a year ago. I never thought then I would have a chance. I was like that shy guy in class with a crush. I would see her technically everyday but instead of being in class it was in a post. Funny thing is we never lived that far apart. Just never really talked. I always thought she was way too pretty for me. I was like the girl in that Taylor Swift song. A little over a full year passes by and the occasional poke and status like. Something happened to where it led us to talk more and more each day. The talking started the day I found out I was having to move out of my house in Joplin. A couple of months go by and learning more about each other day by day. I knew there was something really different here. Plus, I did something I haven't done in a very long time. I was actually having to take the time to get to know someone. It was a nice change of pace. We decided to have our first date and no joke when I say this. First of all, She drives the same car Michael Scott did on The Office.The nerd in me shouted for joy. That made me excited alone. She pulled up to my house in the Redneck Rivera. I looked out the window and I felt my heart jump in my chest. I didn't know what to do. It was a very strange but awesome feeling. We met, and had one of the most comfortable dates I have ever been on. In that moment, I knew this had the potential of being something very special. My heart and her smile tells me I am right. I am actually looking forward to the future. I honestly feel like I am back in high school. I have to say I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything.

0 comments: