Friday, November 16, 2012

It Pisses Me Off

Politics. Ok. Can I just say right now that I hate politics. I am so sick of hearing about it. So sick of it that I was very reluctant to even share my two cents, but I can't keep it to myself anymore. I looked forward to election day for the fact that the damned campaigning would be over and I could stop hearing about it. I would not piss on some candidates if they were on fire. Don't even get me started about all the wasteful mail I received!  I couldn't listen to the radio or watch TV. The last few days were the worst. Sadly, it has not gotten much better and I have heard nothing but bitching ever since election day. To add my bitching to this mess is not my intention, but rather to comment on the dilemma of social media and political expressions. I see and hear of folks deleting friends because of their beliefs.  It is hard to see constant posts from someone that seems close minded or just plain stupid. Is it just me, or does it seem like an awful lot of political ranters can't spell? I mean for goodness sakes people, proof your posts. Especially when they contain opinions and are likely to cause a stir amongst your friends. At any rate, I find myself highly frustrated with some friends on my social networking site of choice, Facebook. Particularly when it is someone I otherwise have a lot of respect for. So I think about deleting them. I've only ever deleted one person on Facebook. Why don't I remove friends with opinions I sometimes find offensive? How would that make me any less narrow minded than I feel like they are? It wouldn't. If I value my right to have an opinion and speak it freely, then I have to respect theirs. Also, exposing yourself to other beliefs and opinions is a good thing. I like to think it keeps me close to my beliefs by reminding me of things I don't agree with. Oh, and to the secessionists and whiny Romney supporters:  put your big kid pants on and get over it. Go look up how the electoral college actually works and quit listening to what someone else wants you to believe. A tip from me boys and girls: If you don't know what you are talking about, try to keep your fucking mouth shut. Besides, there has to be a winner and a loser. Everyone can't get a participation ribbon and a bozo button.  Now you know how we felt when GW was elected. That's my rant, a part of it at least, cause Dammit, it Pisses me off! 

0 comments: