Thursday, December 13, 2012

Retro Music Video (Christmas #1)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Today starts the most wonderful time of the year. Today begins the 13 Days of Christmas. We didn't think 12 days was enough. We decided to one more day to help get you in that Christmas spirit. Today we go all the way back to a few years ago, actually a little over 5 years ago for this little story. At the time I was seeing someone, I was young and she was young. Young love never lasts, just ask Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. My mom was battling health issues so I thought it would be alright to ask her for a small Christmas tree so I could surprise my mom and raise her Christmas spirit. She said it was "OK", but her Mother made the Grinch look like Santa Claus and accused us of not being normal. Does that not sound like a giant ball of crap? The answer is yes. Well, my best friend at the time showed up a couple of hours later after all that crap went down, with a three foot fiber optic tree. My mom cried, and no one could get the smile off my face. That is what the true meaning of Christmas is and I thought that was the best way to start this years 13 Days of Christmas off. He was virtually a Santa Claus in his own way and just didn't know it. The only difference between him and Santa, was that he had a car that the hood would pop up just like the car in Tommy Boy. I guess you can say that Santa's A Brand New Bag and it's a yellow Dollar Store sack.

I still have the tree to this very day and it makes me smile every time I see it.

0 comments: