Monday, April 01, 2013

We Are Back


Dear Buzz Kill Readers,

Does it not seem like it has been a long long time? Ladies and Gentleman after a month and a half hiatus I am back. I wanted to take this time to talk about what happened in the last month that has made things more difficult for me. There is a reason for the ever so long vacation.  On February 18th, my mother who was battling Alzheimer’s and Dementia passed away. This was four years in the making but it does not matter how much you tell yourself and try to prepare yourself for the death of a parent, it does not make it any easier. I have been an emotional wreck trying to pull myself up out of the hole that was placed on me due to her death. It was a very sudden situation. I thought that there would not be any better time than the present to try to rise up over this depression. I know one thing that would always make me smile and knew that I could make one of you out there smile. I thought I needed to take a month and a half off but in all honesty what I needed was you guys.  As of today and trust me picking April 1st is a little special we are back to our old hijinks. It is still weighing heavy on my heart along with a few other things but I have learned that there is only one thing that can heal wounds. That thing just happens to be time and it also does not hurt seeing a half-naked woman either.

Richard Pruitt

PS. I love you in a non-sexual way. Kind of like that brother and sister kind of love, just it might be weird if I pictured you naked. I feel like my foot is in my mouth now.

0 comments: